Re-Review City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare #tmireadathon

10:00:00 PM

City of Ashes...
More like City of he's not my warlock!

My Rating: ✮☆ 4/5




Review 

After the events of City of Bones, Clary finds herself in an awkward triangle between herself, Jace and Simon. Jace is being punished for Valentine's actions and Clary being his sister tries to help but ends up making things worse. The silent brothers can't help, Magnus has to babysit, Simon goes and gets himself into trouble, Isabelle is being Isabelle and oh yeah Valentine has a ship! The second book to The Mortal Instruments has so many funny moments, twists, and surprises that it will not only keep you turning the pages but it will keep your head spinning in excitement!  



 


Enjoy these 'fan art's' drawn/created by Cassandra Jean


















Re-Review *Spoilers*

 Re-reading City of Ashes, two things come to mind; how bad I felt knowing that Imogen is Jace's grandmother, and this book has most of my favorite quotes. It was so much fun to relive the dramatic-ness that is Jace Lightwood, his sass was so strong in CoA that I just had to put my book down sometimes! This book also contained the big twist that is Simon being turned and the introduction of Maia. While it's more focused on how the inquisitor is spying on Jace, and the Jace and Clary sibling thing, I couldn't help but focus on Luke's character because after reading them all he is definitely one of my favorite parent figures over all others in YA which is pretty much nonexistent  in most.We see little into how much Luke truly cares for Clary and Jocelyn but after reading more about Luke and his story in the next books etc. I realize how much I actually genuinely love his character! As for anything else I have to say about CoA is mostly all the Malec moments so I won't overdose you with Malec but by the angel, I almost had a heart attack from all those hints and little moments and especially the part where Clary draws the fearless rune on Alec!


Now for a little treat, here are some of my favorite quotes from City of Ashes!

 “I don't want to be a man," said Jace. "I want to be an angst-ridden teenager who can't confront his own inner demons and takes it out verbally on other people instead."
"Well," said Luke, "you're doing a fantastic job.”
- City of Ashes; Cassandra Clare page 45
&

 “We came to see Jace. Is he alright?"
"I don't know," Magnus said. "Does he normally just lie on the floor like that without moving?”
-City of Ashes; Cassandra Clare page 135

&

 “Alec looked at her and shook his head. "How do you manage never to get mud on your clothes?"
Isabelle shrugged philosophically. "I'm pure at heart. It repels the dirt.”
-City of Ashes; Cassandra Clare page 10

 
& the last one which I'd say is a word of advice from Jocelyn Fray regarding book-to-movie adaptations, jk jk, but really...



“If you really love something, you never try to keep it the way it is forever. You have to let it be free to change.”

-City of ashes; Cassandra Clare page 441

 






 Don't forget to follow this blog and comment to share your opinions on this review! If you'd like go check out our links, which are on our pages right there at the top!

-Makayla IG| @stories_are_forever_


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Amazing post !! Nice book city of ashes. I will Bookmark this website. and recommend for everyone to read Top Novel books

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Subscribe