Tyler's July Wrap Up!

8:00:00 PM

July 2015 # of Books Read: 5


The first book I read in July was "Beautiful Creatures" by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. This was one of the three books that I DEFINITELY wanted to read this month, so I'm glad I did! I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars because of the insta-love, and there were just a lot of predictable moments that added a lot of cheesey-ness to the story.


Is falling in love the beginning . . . or the end?
In Ethan Wate's hometown there lies the darkest of secrets . . .
There is a girl. Slowly, she pulled the hood from her head . . . Green eyes, black hair. Lena Duchannes.
There is a curse. On the Sixteenth Moon, the Sixteenth Year, the Book will take what it's been promised. And no one can stop it.
In the end, there is a grave.
Lena and Ethan become bound together by a deep, powerful love. But Lena is cursed and on her sixteenth birthday, her fate will be decided.Ethan never even saw it coming.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6304335-beautiful-creatures

Another book that I wanted to read this month was "Out of the Easy" by Ruta Sepetys. I really enjoyed this book because it was set in New Orleans, and even though it was in a completely different time period, it was still cool to read about a place that I've never been! Overall, I gave this book 4.5 out of 5 stars(a perfect rating on GoodReads though).


It’s 1950, and as the French Quarter of New Orleans simmers with secrets, seventeen-year-old Josie Moraine is silently stirring a pot of her own. Known among locals as the daughter of a brothel prostitute, Josie wants more out of life than the Big Easy has to offer. 
She devises a plan to get out, but a mysterious death in the Quarter leaves Josie tangled in an investigation that will challenge her allegiance to her mother, her conscience, and Willie Woodley, the brusque madam on Conti Street. Josie is caught between the dream of an elite college and a clandestine underworld. New Orleans lures her in her quest for truth, dangling temptation at every turn, and escalating to the ultimate test.
With characters as captivating as those in her internationally bestselling novel Between Shades of Gray, Ruta Sepetys skillfully creates a rich story of secrets, lies, and the haunting reminder that decisions can shape our destiny.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11178225-out-of-the-easy

The next book that I read is the last one that I really needed to read this month. "Virals" by Kathy Reichs was an interesting book to say the least. I posted a review on it if you would like to see more of my thoughts! It is completely spoiler-free! My Review


Tory Brennan, niece of acclaimed forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan (of the Bones novels and hit TV show), is the leader of a ragtag band of teenage "sci-philes" who live on a secluded island off the coast of South Carolina. When the group rescues a dog caged for medical testing on a nearby island, they are exposed to an experimental strain of canine parvovirus that changes their lives forever.
As the friends discover their heightened senses and animal-quick reflexes, they must combine their scientific curiosity with their newfound physical gifts to solve a cold-case murder that has suddenly become very hot if they can stay alive long enough to catch the killer's scent.
Fortunately, they are now more than friends. They're a pack. They are Virals.
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7800188-virals

The next book I read was "Paper Towns" by John Green! Believe it or not, I've never read this book! I am not a huge fan of John Green, but I read it anyway because I really want to see the movie. The movie came out like a week ago, and I still haven't gotten a chance to see it. Hopefully I get around to it soon! As for my thoughts on the actual book... It was alright. It reminded me of "Looking for Alaska" and "An Abundance of Katherines" which is my main problem with it. The three books are SO similar, that it just gets tiring after the first one. Overall, I gave it 3 out of 5 stars.


Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs into his life—dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge—he follows. After their all-nighter ends, and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues—and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6442769-paper-towns



The last book I read before the #TBRTakedown began was "End of Days" by Susan Ee. This book was the conclusion to a trilogy, so I can't really give you much of a synopsis, but I can tell you that I love this series! It is so good, and I definietly reccomend it! I gave it 5 out of 5 stars!


{Synopsis of Angelfall, the first book.}
It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.
Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.
Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.
Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his
 greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15863832-angelfall


Here's a link to my #TBRTakedown read-a-thon wrap-up! I read four books during that week so make sure to check it out!
Also make sure to keep an eye out for my August TBR and my BookTube-a-thon TBR! Hopefully those will be up tomorrow!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Subscribe