REVIEW- Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

1:51:00 PM

Since You've Been Gone


 “In a well-ordered universe...”

Since You've Been Gone on Goodreads!

My Rating:✮ 5/5  

This would be everyone's favorite summer read!
One of the best books I've read this summer! After reading a ton of bad books it was refreshing to read a book with an actual plot, good characters, and a heart warming story.

Emily is confused and upset when her best friend Sloane disappears without a word, but soon discovers that she has left Emily a letter no, a list. A list of thirteen almost random things for Emily to do that summer. Some things are easy but others reach out of Emily's comfort zone, but she decides to complete every single one in case it somehow leads her to Sloane.
While she expects the list will be hard to complete she ends up meeting new people and even gets help completing all of the tasks.

This book is slow building and realistic unlike other contemporaries, though a bit similar to Anna and The French Kiss and that makes me love it even more. The friendships she makes this summer are unlike any other and entirely unexpected!
Even though it's the cutest book I've read this summer it will feel you with many emotions and make you go hug your best friend!








***Minor Spoilers Ahead***

The thing I love most about this book is that it's entirely realistic, the love interest isn't that dreamy hunk that's in every fluffing novel (see what I did there? I joke!) no, this guy is someone you expect to meet at school or could even be a neighbor. He is an unexpected, swoon worthy... NERD! *heart eyes* That's right! 
I also love the fact that Matson gives us playlists when they run, I even looked up a few myself! Might I mention I saw a Twenty One Pilots song on one of the playlists and totally fangirled! 
Also I recommend you go back and read the 'Dance Until Dawn' part while listening to You Send Me by Sam Cooke because I swear you won't regret it! 
Also I love the fact that the side characters actually have a storyline and aren't just thrown in to have other characters,and her parents didn't just disappear and are actually mentioned quite frequently unlike other YA books. Also I just really love her parents and wish they were mine!


Click for my July TBR












Don't forget to follow this blog and comment to share your opinions on this review! If you'd like go check out our links, which are on our pages right there at the top! 
-Makayla

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Subscribe