Tyler's July TBR

7:41:00 PM

Can you believe it's already July? I can't! Here are some of the books that I plan on reading this month!
My goal for this month is to read the last few unread books on my shelf. (Un)Luckily for me, I don't own that many books. There are only three books on my shelf that I haven't already gotten too! 

The first book is "Beautiful Creatures" by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. This was actually a recent purchase, so I'm very excited to get to it! I've heard lots of mixed reviews about this series, but Makayla loved it which makes me think that I'll love it too! Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl will be going to YALLfest this year, so I really need to read the book before I meet them! 


Is falling in love the beginning . . . or the end?
In Ethan Wate's hometown there lies the darkest of secrets . . .
There is a girl. Slowly, she pulled the hood from her head . . . Green eyes, black hair. Lena Duchannes.
There is a curse. On the Sixteenth Moon, the Sixteenth Year, the Book will take what it's been promised. And no one can stop it.
In the end, there is a grave.
Lena and Ethan become bound together by a deep, powerful love. But Lena is cursed and on her sixteenth birthday, her fate will be decided.Ethan never even saw it coming.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6304335-beautiful-creatures



The second book that I need to read this month is "Virals" by Kathy Reichs. I don't know very much about this book. My grandmother bought it for me at a grocery store one day because she saw it was the book that the TV show "Bones" is based off of or something like that. This definitely isn't one of my most anticipated reads, but I'm interested to see if I like it!

 Tory Brennan, niece of acclaimed forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan (of the Bones novels and hit TV show), is the leader of a ragtag band of teenage "sci-philes" who live on a secluded island off the coast of South Carolina. When the group rescues a dog caged for medical testing on a nearby island, they are exposed to an experimental strain of canine parvovirus that changes their lives forever.


As the friends discover their heightened senses and animal-quick reflexes, they must combine their scientific curiosity with their newfound physical gifts to solve a cold-case murder that has suddenly become very hot if they can stay alive long enough to catch the killer's scent.
Fortunately, they are now more than friends. They're a pack. They are Virals. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7800188-virals


The third book that I want to read this month is "Out of the Easy" by Ruth Sepetys. This was another book that my grandma just randomly picked up for me! All I know about it is that the main character is the daughter of a prostitute.. Sounds different than anything I've read before! 

It’s 1950, and as the French Quarter of New Orleans simmers with secrets, seventeen-year-old Josie Moraine is silently stirring a pot of her own. Known among locals as the daughter of a brothel prostitute, Josie wants more out of life than the Big Easy has to offer. 

She devises a plan to get out, but a mysterious death in the Quarter leaves Josie tangled in an investigation that will challenge her allegiance to her mother, her conscience, and Willie Woodley, the brusque madam on Conti Street. Josie is caught between the dream of an elite college and a clandestine underworld. New Orleans lures her in her quest for truth, dangling temptation at every turn, and escalating to the ultimate test.

With characters as captivating as those in her internationally bestselling novel Between Shades of Gray, Ruta Sepetys skillfully creates a rich story of secrets, lies, and the haunting reminder that decisions can shape our destiny.         

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11178225-out-of-the-easy

I hope that I can read 5 or 6 books this month like I did last month, so here are some other books I plan to read! 
 End of Days is the explosive conclusion to Susan Ee’s bestselling Penryn & the End of Days trilogy.

After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.

When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?-
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18500665-end-of-days?ac=1

 Life is almost back to normal for Harper Price. The Ephors have been silent after their deadly attack at Cotillion months ago, and her best friend, Bee, has returned after a mysterious disappearance. Now Harper can focus on the important things in life: school, canoodling with David (her nemesis-turned-ward-slash-boyfie), and even competing in the Miss Pine Grove pageant.

Unfortunately, supernatural chores are never done. The Ephors have decided they’d rather train David than kill him. The catch: Harper has to come along for the ride, but she can’t stay David’s Paladin unless she undergoes an ancient trial that will either kill her . . . or make her more powerful than ever. - 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22465605-miss-mayhem?ac=1

Cody and Meg were inseparable.
Two peas in a pod.
Until . . . they weren’t anymore.
 
When her best friend Meg drinks a bottle of industrial-strength cleaner alone in a motel room, Cody is understandably shocked and devastated. She and Meg shared everything—so how was there no warning? But when Cody travels to Meg’s college town to pack up the belongings left behind, she discovers that there’s a lot that Meg never told her. About her old roommates, the sort of people Cody never would have met in her dead-end small town in Washington. About Ben McAllister, the boy with a guitar and a sneer, who broke Meg’s heart. And about an encrypted computer file that Cody can’t open—until she does, and suddenly everything Cody thought she knew about her best friend’s death gets thrown into question.
I Was Here is Gayle Forman at her finest, a taut, emotional, and ultimately redemptive story about redefining the meaning of family and finding a way to move forward even in the face of unspeakable loss.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18879761-i-was-here


I can't wait to let you guys know which books I end up getting to this month! If there is any specific book that you want to see a review of, let me know! I may try to write two if you guys are interested! -Tyler :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Subscribe