REVIEW- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

5:21:00 PM

I’ve been waiting for you a long time, Alina,” he said. “You and I are going to change the world."

My Rating:✮ 4/5






Non-Spoiler Review. 

In the fictional country of Ravka there is a divide that separates it called The Fold. The books starts when Alina and her best friend Mal are preparing to cross the fold with the rest of there troop to collect supplies. They know that the fold is dangerous but there is no other way to get the food and other things they need. When they do so their ship is attacked by the mysterious creatures that live in the fold, called the volcra. But they survive, because of a strange light that scares the volcra away. Soon Alina is whisked away to the little palace to live as a Grisha would and learn their ways of the small science.  

I absolutely loved this book, I gave it four stars out of five and I'll tell you why soon but let's see what I thought about it first.
The world building wasn't too over the top to confuse you and they even provide a map to look at. The setting was mostly high fantasy and I heard that it is based on Russian folk lore? Which even if it's not it's still a great story! I've honestly never read anything like this and the story was so unique and intruding that I just wanted to keep reading and never put it down. 
i think the characters definitely have some development throughout the book especially Alina and The Darkling. 
The story was very organized and there weren't too many twists that made you get confused. The only thing I didn't like and the reason I knocked it down a star was the ending. The ending wasn't bad or anything, I thoroughly enjoyed it but as the reviewer here, I felt it wasn't enticing to the reader. Of course I am going to continue the trilogy (I've bought all the books) but if someone who hadn't known if they would or not, I don't think it would leave t hem wanting more because it was kind of a not so much 'happy ending' but a ending that was written really well and everything was tied together and there were no more questions to be asked. 
But with that being said I can't wait to start the next book and all the Grisha Trilogy reviews will be accessible by clicking the 'The Grisha Trilogy' link to the right, right under the TMIreadathon link in the blog archive. 

    
Ravka Map
Now enjoy some Fanart! *Disclaimer*None of these drawings/fanart are mine I will try to credit the creator but sometimes you can't find them, but I'll try my best! 

Click for Original Post
Click for Original Post

Click for Original Post









Don't forget to follow this blog and comment to share your opinions on this review! If you'd like go check out our links, which are on our pages right there at the top! 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Subscribe