Re-Review City of Glass by Cassandra Clare #tmireadathon

3:29:00 AM

"I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then.” 




My Rating: ✮✮✮☆ 4/5


Review (Minor Spoilers)

City of Glass and City of Heavenly Fire are the two in the whole Mortal Instruments series that I have been eagerly wanting to re-read, they are my absolute favorites! This is the first book that we get to see Idris and experience the surroundings of the Shadowhunters and really where it sets off for the series. Clary in an attempt to save her mother, portals to Idris with Luke, there she gets into trouble, meets a mysterious boy, fights with Jace and saves Simon. She also helps Shadowhunters and downworlders create an alliance and get along. Jace and Clary come to grips with being siblings but also don't... We meet some new characters and lose some others:( Magnus helps save Jocelyn and Alec finally gets a grip and makes up his mind.
The third book in The Mortal Instruments series consists of action, romance, mystery, and is poetic?
It's true! Cassie has this poetic way of writing that makes you want to quote the whole book!

So here are my favorites.

“Did you ever think that in a past life Alec was an old woman with ninety cats who was always yelling at the neighborhood kids to get off her lawn? Because I do,” ― Cassandra ClareCity of Glass; page 48, (First Paperback Edition)

“You never called me back," he said. "I called you so many times and you never called me back."  
Magnus looked at Alec as if he'd lost his mind. "Your city is under attack," he said. "The wards have been broken, and the streets are full of demons. And you want to know why I haven't called you?"
Alec set his jaw in a stubborn line. "I want to know why you haven't called me back.― Cassandra ClareCity of Glass; page 238, (First Paperback Edition)

“Malachi scowled. "I don't remember the Clave inviting you into the Glass City, Magnus Bane.""They didn't," Magnus said. "Your wards are down.""Really?" the Consul's voice dripped sarcasm. "I hadn't noticed."Magnus looked concerned. "That's terrible. Someone should have told you." He glanced at Luke. "Tell him the wards are down.” ― Cassandra ClareCity of Glass; page 256, (First Paperback Edition)

“Have you tried talking to her?" 
"No. We've been punching her in the face repeatedly. What? You don't think that will work?” 
― Cassandra ClareCity of Glass; page 316, (First Paperback Edition)



























Don't forget to follow this blog and comment to share your opinions on this review! If you'd like go check out our links, which are on our pages right there at the top! 





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Subscribe