REVIEW- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

11:16:00 PM

So I didn't read much in August so I'll spare a wimpy wrap up and post my three reviews instead. I actually started a lot of books in August, but since it's the first month of school I didn't get a lot of free time to read. I did however read the book of the month (Finding Audrey) and the tmireadathon book of the month (City of Glass) and a book that I have been wanting to read for a while (and that Tyler has been telling me to read for a while) which is Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and wait for it... The second book (Hollow City) is the September book of the month because... Library of Souls comes out this month!(September 22nd) And DON'T FORGET Loop Day is September 3rd!

"I'd been born in the wrong century, and I felt cheated."-Page 13; Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (First Paperback Edition)



My Rating: ✮✮ 5/5
Non-Spoiler Review:
I don't normally give out five stars so you better believe that I absolutely LOVED this book. I can not wait for the movie to come out, I have high hopes for it as my favorite director is directing it; Tim Burton! This is definitely a book I'll be re-reading in the future!
So this story is about a teenager called Jacob, and the stories his grandfather told him as a child. He showed Jacob old photographs of the peculiar children from the children's home he lived in as a young-adult and told him the most fascinating stories, stories about the wise old bird who smoked a pipe, and the little girl who could fly, and the boy that had bees living inside him.We along with Jacob go and explore the island where the children's home once was located and discover the strangest and most peculiar things along the way. Full of eerie settings and haunting photographs this book is the perfect mix of supernatural, horror and mystery.


https://instagram.com/p/6vgFfZLeDt/?taken-by=ourstoriesareperfect




IG|@ourstoriesareperfect
IG | @ourstoriesareperfect








Spoiler Review:

I am going to say this again I. Can. Not. Believe. I. Didn't. Read. This. Sooner. Of course I had several people tell me to read it but I did have a reason why I didn't want to at the time and it was simply that for some reason I thought it was a middle-grade book and I don't really fancy those... But after thinking about it a while and seeing it on sale at Wal-Mart I had to pick it up.
I started it and couldn't put it down! Every free second I had I would pick it up! Going to the grocery store? Well guess I'll take my book and read for the four and a half minutes it takes to get there! No but seriously, it's been a while since a book has caught my attention that much! You can ask anyone who knows me and they'd tell you I love creepy peculiar things! I love oddities and horror and this was just the book I've been looking for! This I am proud to say is my favorite supernatural/horror book, while Mara Dyer is right under it and The Mortal Instruments is my top fantasy book!
I think over all my favorite character has to be Millard, I couldn't tell you exactly why but that I just do! I really can't tell you much other than that you must read it for yourself! And I must say that when I pictured the hollows or the wights I thought of the Ood from Doctor Who and now that you have that in your head enjoy your day! hehe

I just had to share my favorite photo from the entire book has to be the one of Emma and Abe that they leave as proof for Jacob's father and The one of Emma peeling spuds!







 

















And lastly I'd like to share my favorite quotes!
“I had just come to accept that my life would be ordinary when extraordinary things began to happen.”
Ransom Riggs,
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children ; Page 12 (First Paperback Edition)

 “I'd been born in the wrong century, and I felt cheated.”
Ransom Riggs,
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children ; Page 13 (First Paperback Edition)

 “We cling to our fairy tales until the price for believing in them becomes too high.”
Ransom Riggs,
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children ; Page 20 (First Paperback Edition)

“I used to dream about escaping my ordinary life, but my life was never ordinary. I had simply failed to notice how extraordinary it was.”
Ransom Riggs,
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children ; Page 351 (First Paperback Edition)













Don't forget to follow this blog and comment to share your opinions on this review! If you'd like go check out our links, which are on our pages right there at the top! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Subscribe