REVIEW- Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella (August Book of the Month)

11:54:00 PM

 
"Miss Audrey is heading for the stars"




My Rating: ✮☆ 3.5/5

Non-Spoiler Review
This book is about a girl, Audrey who has an extreme anxiety disorder from an accident which we really don't go into details about. This book really hit home for me because I shared a lot of similarities with Audrey but it was also a quite entertaining book as her brother is basically mine with a different name and accent, I'm not even joking! You don't know how many times I've wanted to throw his computer out the window! I found this book very refreshing as I've been reading a lot of fantasy and supernatural genre as of late and it was definitely not a bad read! I give it 3.5 stars because I really would have liked Audrey to get better and finally tell us the reader what had happened and also I think Audrey and Linus' relationship moved a bit fast. I enjoyed reading this book and was happy to here it was the book of the month from the Paper Towns Liveshow, (See Christine, Kat, and Jesse's Finding Audrey liveshow here)


Spoiler Review:
After finishing the book I realized it doesn't actually matter what happened to Audrey, the only thing that matters is that she's gotten better and that she has Linus and her family and she can continue to move forward with all their love and support. One of the best things about this book is that last page. After this whole time where she's filming her documentary we never in fact see her "on screen" per say and that last page is almost like a reveal.





Not a Fan-Art but this is the Indonesian Edition


 She reveals herself to the camera holding her new makeup not wearing her dark glasses and it's almost like she's a whole different person, she's like a normal teenage girl about to go on her first date. I just felt so happy for her! I can't really explain the feelings I have towards this book too much because I feel that everyone will feel differently about it because everyone has something that they have to overcome in their life and you can relate to this book at least a little bit.











Favorite quotes:

“But, Audrey, that's what life is. We're all on a jagged graph. I know I am. Up a bit, down a bit. That's life.”
Sophie Kinsella,
Finding Audrey

“It won’t be forever. You’ll be in the dark for as long as it takes and then you’ll come out.”
Sophie Kinsella, Finding Audrey

 “We don't have to reveal everything to each other. It's OK to be private. It's OK to say no. It's OK to say, 'I'm not going to share that.”
Sophie Kinsella, Finding Audrey





Don't forget to follow this blog and comment to share your opinions on this review! If you'd like go check out our links, which are on our pages right there at the top! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Subscribe