Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi

2:35:00 AM

☆☆☆3/5 stars
Follow our bookstagram for more bookish posts!
 IG | @ourstoriesareperfect

Short Review


I thought this book was beautifully written it dragged at times but I myself enjoyed the constant metaphors and simile throught the book even though others may not, but I enjoyed the story itself. When I first started this book I didn't think it was going to go how it ended up going so I was very surprised and I really enjoyed the ending, there's really some X-Men ish vibes going on and I absolutely love it because I love X-Men. That's one of the reasons why I loved Miss Peregrine's, because there's these people with special abilities who are normal people but you get to learn how they feel and who they are and how they act and that's exactly what we did in this book. We learned about how many people act and how definitely if the power was in the wrong hands a lot of things could change very dramatically. I didn't see a lot of world building in this book, as it's a dystopian novel. I assume since we didn't get to know much in the first book that we'll learn more in the second book obviously, but there really wasn't much to learn in the first book anyway, because half of the book we were only in one setting in one place and we didn't go outside much. But overall i definitely enjoyed Shatter Me, that being said I'm excited to see where the story goes in the next books and I'm very excited to meet Tahereh at Y'all Fest this year!








Makayla|@stories_are_forever_
You can also check out all of our links in the tabs above, and don't forget to check out our bookstagram! | @ourstoriesareperfect 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Subscribe