Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

2:07:00 PM

☆☆☆☆4/5 stars
Follow our bookstagram for more bookish posts!
 IG | @ourstoriesareperfect

Short Review-
(no spoilers)
I can without a doubt say I enjoyed Unravel Me more than Shatter Me, and there is definitely more going on in this book than the first. I enjoyed most of the book, but I've had a problem with Juliette since the first book with her being a very bipolar character. One minute she's happy go lucky and the next she's throwing a fit and accidentally hurting someone. I love the books and characters but Juliette could be so much more if she didn't whine and throw so many fits and just do what Kenji or Castle says to help strengthen her. As for Adam he is more of a background character at this point with Kenji taking up the spotlight, Adam, oh Adam, he cries as much as Juliette does and it really annoys me. If you wanted to figure out a way to be together stop crying about it, and do your research and figure it out. Warner has minor development in this book, we see two sides of him but he's so insecure and afraid to put himself out there, but he doesn't realized he's already changing, and with the way I'm pulling he better straighten himself out fast. I think that this book was much smoother to read, and made a lot more since and I can't stress this enough, If you like X-Men You'll love these books! But after all I've said don't get me wrong I loved the book and you will too as long as you can get past Juliette's constant whining but then again there are a lot of books with whiny protagonist and people still love them. These books are just one of those where you either absolutely love them or just despise and hate them and it all depends on your reading style and what you like to ready. I do love them and I'm glad my friend forced me to read them!



Messy but relatable review with spoilers!

I loved the scene with James and Juliette, when she tells him the story and he says he sorry for being mad at her, I thought it was really sweet and heartwarming. I don't know how I feel about Castle yet, he seems like he is a good guy but I just have this President Coin vibe every time I he comes up. I don't know maybe it's just me, but I don't fully trust him. I really wanted Juliette to bond with the girls more (crap see they call them the girls so much I can't ever remember their names... Wait wait wait, I remember, Sonya and Sara. ) because she honestly needs more friends, the only people she's managed to talk to are Kenji, Adam (on again off again), and the two guys that got kidnapped, and just barely Castle, Sonya and Sara. If she would just tell people how she feels they would understand and I'm sure the girls would love talking to her... By far my absolute favorite character is Kenji, he's not only hilarious, but he's not afraid to speak his mind, and one of my favorite moments of the book was when he gave Juliette and ultimatum basically saying 'You aren't the only person in the world with problems'.  But here's what everyone wants to know right... Who do I ship Juliette with??? Hmmm... Well... You see...
Here's the thing I really dislike Adam... At first I was all for it but things just went downhill. But then we start to see Warner's other side and I have to say I love rooting for the bad guys. But here's the thing, it makes so much more since for her to be with Warner, his power complements her, they strengthen each other where as she drains Adam. Warner, whether he believes it or not has already started to change and again whether Juliette sees it or not she fallen already. It really pissed me off when she just stopped what she was doing and was like "No I'm in love with Adam." she broke Warner's heart! He was giving himself to her, showing her a side of him no one has seen and she has the nerve to tell him 'Oh sorry you know, I just can't do this because I actually can't decide who I want to be with but I'm going to choose Adam because he's the safe choice'.
But to wrap things up, I enjoyed all of the action in this book. and want to start the next book ASAP. I just hope things start working out in SOMEONE'S favor because otherwise everyone's gonna die or be held captive.









Makayla|@stories_are_forever_

You can also check out all of our links in the tabs above, and don't forget to check out our bookstagram! | @ourstoriesareperfect 











You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Subscribe