Tyler's August TBR

1:43:00 AM

The first week of August is the BookTube-a-thon, so I will not be including the books that I plan to read during that in this TBR! I will leave a link at the bottom of this post if you would like to see those books! As for the rest of August, I have pretty low expectations because school starts back on the 7th! Although I would still like to read a lot, I don't want to put pressure on myself and try to read 10 books or something crazy!


Who cut off Medusa's head? Who was raised by a she-bear? Who tamed Pegasus? It takes a demigod to know, and Percy Jackson can fill you in on the all the daring deeds of Perseus, Atalanta, Bellerophon, and the rest of the major Greek heroes. Told in the funny, irreverent style readers have come to expect from Percy, ( I've had some bad experiences in my time, but the heroes I'm going to tell you about were the original old school hard luck cases. They boldly screwed up where no one had screwed up before. . .) and enhanced with vibrant artwork by Caldecott Honoree John Rocco, this story collection will become the new must-have classic for Rick Riordan's legions of devoted fans--and for anyone who needs a hero. So get your flaming spear. Put on your lion skin cape. Polish your shield and make sure you've got arrows in your quiver. We're going back about four thousand years to decapitate monsters, save some kingdoms, shoot a few gods in the butt, raid the Underworld, and steal loot from evil people. Then, for dessert, we'll die painful tragic deaths. Ready? Sweet. Let's do this.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23349901-percy-jackson-s-greek-heroes

Just when I thought I heard the last from my sweet baby, I find out about this! I am placing my pre-order as soon as I finish this post! I cannot wait to hear from Percy again! Plus.. THE ILLUSTRATIONS! I hope that they're just as gorgeous as the ones in "Percy Jackson's Greek Gods". The pictures are not only super pretty, but they should also help make this book a quick read, which means it's perfect for my laid back TBR this month!



Greyson is a green-eyed misfit. Teased all through his childhood for being some sort of demon, the only kid without brown eyes. Now 19, Greyson travels to the Kingdom of Viæden, an ancient and secluded realm where trees grow to be seven miles tall. And there, he discovers his eyes mean that he is a vertui: something more than human, destined to play a major role in the fate of the world. But will it be for good? Or evil?
The truth is never black and white. And on his first day as a Royal Guard, Greyson accidentally releases the kingdom’s most dreaded memory: Stiqula, a monster sealed away by a goddess long ago. Born again, Stiqula strikes a deal with an evil god to end the world, and in return be reunited with his love. But is their reunion worth the world’s destruction? And will Greyson discover his true destiny in time to stop him?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25675039-progeny-of-gods

I got this book for two main reasons. #1. I had heard a few book tubers talking about it recently. #2. Jesse from jessethereader tweeted something saying that it was free on Kindle, and I just couldn't pass that up! I don't know anything about this book besides what it says in the synopsis, but I am super intrigued by the cover! I have it, so I might as well read it right?







After living as a Mundane and a Vampire, Simon never thought he would become a Shadowhunter, but today he begins his training at Shadowhunter Academy.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22428828-welcome-to-shadowhunter-academy









Well. It's time. Makalya has been reading these and telling me all about them, so now I am really excited to read them myself! It's also a novella, which means it's short, and that means it's perfect for a laid back reading month! I might read more of this novella series, or I might not. I'm not sure. I kind of wanted to wait for the bind up, but I don't think I can put this off for much longer!



If this seems like a pathetic TBR, it is. Luckily, I want to read like 7 books during the BookTube-a-thon, so stay tuned for my TBR!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Subscribe