Makayla's July Wrap Up

12:09:00 AM

So, remember when I wrote in my July TBR post that I was going to read a total of eight books? I did it! Even though I didn't read all of my TBR I did read most of them! The ones I didn't read were; To All The Boys I've Loved Before, Insurgent, and I'll Give You The Sun. So what I'm going to tie in with this review is my top three of the month!

My favorite book of the month is now by far one of my favorites books ever! It was also in my Top Summer Must Reads  That is...



1. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson 
My Rating:✮✮✮✮✮ 5/5 Click for review 
I loved this book, Matson made this book entirely realistic and relatable, the plot wasn't boring, it was fun and mysterious, and emotional!


I just finished reading this yesterday so stay tuned for my review on it! I have to say I absolutely loved it! It's fun, it's summery, it's cute, and warms your heart!  
Since You've Been Gone on Goodreads!



 It was Sloane who yanked Emily out of her shell and made life 100% interesting. But right before what should have been the most epic summer, Sloane just…disappears. All she leaves behind is a to-do list.

On it, thirteen Sloane-inspired tasks that Emily would normally never try. But what if they could bring her best friend back?

Apple picking at night? Okay, easy enough.

Dance until dawn? Sure. Why not?

Kiss a stranger? Um...

Emily now has this unexpected summer, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected), to check things off Sloane's list. Who knows what she’ll find?

Go skinny-dipping? Wait...what?








_________________________________________________________________

2. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
My Rating:✮✮☆ 4/5 Click for review 
It's been a while since I've read any fantasy so this book was a breath of fresh air, I thought the characters were great the protagonist and antagonist had great story lines and I absolutely can't wait to read the next two books! The only reason I knocked it one star down was because I felt like the ending wasn't enticing enough, it was a great ending believe me! It just felt like a very closed ending and it could have been just one book, but I can't wait to see what happens to the characters in the next two books!
Shadow and Bone on Goodreads!

Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee.















_________________________________________________________________

3. The Selection Stories: The Prince & The Guard 
My Rating:✮✮☆ 4/5 
It was nice to see The Selection in the perspective of Maxon and it was nice because I'm already anxiously waiting for the next book to The Heir. It was really cool to go bad and look through the selection with the same dialogue but in a different point of view. As for Aspen I have no comment because well I'm not too big of a fan of his character but The Guard was still good! 

The Prince & The Guard on Goodreads!
Two novellas set in the world of Kiera Cass's #1 New York Timesbestselling Selection series are now available in print for the first time. The Prince and The Guard both offer captivating views into the hearts and minds of the two men fighting to win America Singer's love. This collection also features exclusive bonus content, including a sneak peek at The One, the eagerly anticipated third novel in the Selection series.

Before America arrived at the palace to compete in the Selection, there was another girl in Prince Maxon's life. The Prince opens the week before the Selection begins and follows Maxon through the first day of the competition.

Raised as a Six, Aspen Leger never dreamed that he would find himself living in the palace as a member of the royal guard. In The Guard, readers get an inside look at Aspen's life within the palace walls—and the truth about a guard's world that America will never know.
 



Now for the rest!
_________________________________________________________________

4. City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
My Rating:✮✮☆ 4/5
I re-read City of Ashes for the tmireadathon and I thought I had written my re-review already but I had actually forgotten to do it, so it be up soon!

City of Ashes on Goodreads!

Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go — especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil — and also her father.

To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings — and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace. How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?



_________________________________________________________________

5. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
My Rating:✮ 3/5 
Anyone who wants to read a short cute contemporary! It was an OK book, I think the hype ruined it.

Attachments on Goodreads!
"Hi, I'm the guy who reads your e-mail, and also, I love you . . . "

Beth Fremont and Jennifer Scribner-Snyder know that somebody is monitoring their work e-mail. (Everybody in the newsroom knows. It's company policy.) But they can't quite bring themselves to take it seriously. They go on sending each other endless and endlessly hilarious e-mails, discussing every aspect of their personal lives.

Meanwhile, Lincoln O'Neill can't believe this is his job now- reading other people's e-mail. When he applied to be "internet security officer," he pictured himself building firewalls and crushing hackers- not writing up a report every time a sports reporter forwards a dirty joke.

When Lincoln comes across Beth's and Jennifer's messages, he knows he should turn them in. But he can't help being entertained-and captivated-by their stories.

By the time Lincoln realizes he's falling for Beth, it's way too late to introduce himself.

What would he say . . . ? 


_________________________________________________________________

6. The Evil We Love by Cassandra Clare
My Rating:✮ 3/5 
Although it wasn't one of my favorites (because it was mostly about Valentine and the circle) but I loved learning more about Michael and Robert and the ending was great and full of Sizzy moments! 

The Evil We Love on Goodreads!
All evil starts somewhere, and Simon Lewis learns how The Circle—led by Valentine Morgenstern—began. One of ten adventures in Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy.

The Shadowhunter Academy has only just reopened following the disastrous rise of the Circle. Now the faculty can finally admit to what happened when Valentine was a student.










_________________________________________________________________

7. Pale Kings and Princes by Cassandra Clare
My Rating:✮ 4/5
In this e-book we learn more about Helen and Mark's faerie side and of course even more Sizzy moments!

Pale Kings and Princes on Goodreads!
Simon has an encounter with Downworlders and is reprimanded for not following the rules for Academy students interacting with Downworlders. A story within a story: Andrew Blackthorn, while a student at the Academy, becomes enthralled by a faerie and has two children with her: Mark and Helen.

  










_________________________________________________________________

8. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meghan Spooner
My Rating:✮ 3/5 
While it wasn't my favorite of this month it was surely an interesting story but I probably won't be reading the next book. 

These Broken Stars on Goodreads!
Luxury spaceliner Icarus suddenly plummets from hyperspace into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive -- alone. Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a cynical war hero. Both journey across the eerie deserted terrain for help. Everything changes when they uncover the truth. 

























I hope I get to read the few books that I didn't get to in July, in August, but until then here is my July Wrap Up and I'll hopefully post my August TBR and my City of Ashes Re-review soon! What was your favorite book this month? Tell us in the comments below, and don't for get to follow us on Google+ ! If you'd like to check them out, our links are up top (Or in the drop down if you're on mobile).







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Subscribe