Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

10:39:00 PM

☆☆☆☆ 4/5 stars
 Follow our bookstagram for more bookish posts! IG | @ourstoriesareperfect 

Non- Spoiler Review-

You never know how your life and actions affect other people and this book shows just how the actions of another person can lead to such a difference in someones life. This book needs to be in schools, it needs to be read by teenagers everywhere, because not only is it incredibly written but it informs you of the consequences of your actions. This could show so many people how wrong bullying is and why it needs to be stopped, and to speak up when you see or hear something.  This book deals with dark details that most books leave out, showing you how one persons suicide could be influence by so many people and emotions and just how much a person can take before breaking down. It shows a real side of school and bullies, instead of the stereotypical characteristics of high school and its students along with the bullies that are portrayed most in YA. Not only teenagers need to read this but everyone! Everyone needs to read this. I can't stress how much of a big deal this book is, it really is, and I applaud the author for his incredible writing and storytelling!
My favorite part about this book is it's audiobook, I myself have it on Audible but you can find the Cassettes on You Tube I believe. This book was honestly made for an audiobook it makes the story seem so much more real. I went back and forth between reading the on ebook and listening to the audiobook and I would definitely recommend listening to it!
I loved how easy this book flowed, where it was mostly cassettes with interruptions by the protagonist. I loved how this book showed multiple sides to this one big story that all came together because of the sad incidences that occurred. But this big bubble of mystery and realism is a great book that you won't be able to put down.



 “No one knows for certain how much impact they have on the lives of other people. Oftentimes, we have no clue. Yet we push it just the same.”
― Jay AsherThirteen Reasons Why











                                    
                                                  “If my love were an ocean,

there would be no more land.
If my love were a desert,
you would see only sand.
If my love were a star-
late at night, only light.
And if my love could grow wings,
I'd be soaring in flight.” 











Written by Makayla
My Goodreads Shortened Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1137664836
Follow us on our Bookstagram here: https://www.instagram.com/ourstoriesareperfect/
Follow us on twitter here: https://twitter.com/storiesareperf

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Subscribe