The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

7:22:00 PM

☆☆☆☆ 4/5 stars
 Follow our bookstagram for more bookish posts! IG | @ourstoriesareperfect 


My review (No spoilers)-

Short, sweet, and relatable. Jennifer E. Smith does a wonderful job at portraying the feelings and insecurities of a seventeen year old Hadley, who is stressfully making her way to London for her father's wedding to a woman she's never met. I'd heard wonderful things about this book but I couldn't make myself pick it up, the synopsis just made the book seem cheesy and fluffy, but in reality this story has so much more to offer. The book itself was written extremely well, I enjoyed the fact that it was in third person because so many YA novels/contemporaries are written in first person which can get old quickly. Smith not only makes this story cute and relatable, but she does a wonderful job of keeping the story somewhat realistic and only slightly cheesy. Smith's writing covers the complex emotions Hadley feels towards her parents separation, (which I quite liked that it wasn't fluffed over, being that my parents aren't together) it gave me insight to similar feelings that I'd had at one point. She also gives us insight into Oliver's life as well, she shows how hidden his emotions can be which I feel all of us can relate to in some degree. This novel is definitely a picker upper, I can say that with out a doubt I could not stop smiling after I read this book and I definitely recommend reading it if you haven'd already.







Written by Makayla
My Goodreads Shortened Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1796749818
Follow us on our Bookstagram here: https://www.instagram.com/ourstoriesareperfect/
Follow us on twitter here: https://twitter.com/storiesareperf

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Subscribe