Shadowhunters Pilot Review!

7:28:00 PM

Shadowhunters Tuesday's @ 9pm on FreeForm, the new name for ABC Family.

So me and Tyler thought I'd be cool to write our Shadowhunters, series premiere review in a kind of back and forth chat format. Now I am going to just throw this out there, even though Shadowhunters is slightly different from the books it is still our favorite characters and settings. I hope that all the fans learn to enjoy the changes and get excited like I did when noticing things the director throws in that only the readers would get or notice. That being said we are focusing on the pilot and not necessarily all the differences from the books.

Makayla: So I guess we can start off with the total badassery going on in the beginning of the episode, I mean our favorite trio looked awesome doing a flip off that bridge.

Tyler: 

Makayla: So we get a flashback to eight hours earlier before the shadow world collided into Clary's. She walks into The Brooklyn Academy of Art and surprise surprise she gets in! 

Tyler:(delete later; talk about Simon and Clary at Java Jones) 


Makayla: I have to admit Alberto and Kat really are great as Simon and Clary, especially Alberto playing Simon because he acts just like book Simon!

Tyler:

Makayla: I saw a bit of foreshadowing with the biscotte, did you catch that?

Tyler:

Makayla: So back to Kat playing Clary, a lot of people didn't think she was a good actress, I mean I can't blame them. They only showed us the outtakes in sneak peeks and such, but I actually thought her acting was good. What about you?

Tyler:

Makayla: The only actors I felt needed to work on their acting was the Circle members who Magnus told to get out. Their timing was a bit off but Harry Shum Jr.'s acting definitely made up for it.

Tyler:(delete later; maybe talk about the fighting scenes and how that could have been better or other things you noticed)

Makayla:  So other than the acting improvements, what changes did you like? Personally I kind of like that they made Luke into a cop, it gives them more free range to get away with some demon killings and more access to find people, or at least that's what I think.  

Tyler:(talk about Dot/Madame Dorthea?)

Makayla: Another change I saw was Maureen, I didn't actually know she was cast let alone going to be in the first episode! So I wonder how Maureen's story will play out considering us readers know her fate. But I'm excited to see how they play it all out! Speaking of Maureen... SHE BROKE THE FOURTH WALL!!! (Here is some lines she spoke while sitting with Simon and Clary on Simon's van in front of Pandemonium.) "You guys don't think that's a little bit suspicious? You not knowing anything about your family? Your mom could be hiding some deep dark secret." (Finally a logical person!)

Tyler: (delete later; talk about Simon/Alberto can sing?)

Makayla: Even though Jace's lines were a bit well, a lot cheesy, we still got some snarky Jace attitude. "Nice choice Izzy, demons dig blondes." haha.
Tyler: More cheesy lines include: "How can I not know who you are?"

Makayla: "Which is what makes you so interesting, Clary Fray." *Jace smoulder*

Tyler: (delete later; talk about pandemonium)

Makayla: I felt like the stunt team could have helped the actors make the fight scenes look more real, especially in the pandemonium fight scene.

Tyler:

Makayla: So I noticed some things that the creator through in that only the reader would notice like for example; Clary's room was painted orange... well that it before Jocelyn burnt down the place. Did you notice anything else?

Tyler:

Makayla: Overall I really liked the pilot it was good, of course like all pilots it could have used some help, but I liked it. I felt like it was very similar to the books but also was kind of a new set up but still the same story. I can't wait to see more of Clary, Jace, Izzy, Alec, and Simon's adventures as the season progress'.

Tyler:(delete later; ending overall thingy like I did above.)

Makayla: Also don't forget, if you download the Freeform app on your mobile device you can watch the second episode and let me tell you it is really good, even better than the first episode.
Tyler:(delete later; end)




You can also check out all of our links in the tabs above, and don't forget to check out our bookstagram! | @ourstoriesareperfect 






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Subscribe